We hope you enjoyed our April pick – Forged in Grace by Jordan E. Rosenfeld. What did you think about the book? You can add to our discussion in the comment section below. Ms. Rosenfeld will be happy to answer any questions you might have, so don’t hesitate and ask!
1. Grace has been severely burnt and since her accident, she can’t stand another person’s touch because of the pain it causes her. Can you think of an episode in your life when you have been emotionally burnt so badly that you were (or still are) afraid to get involved in a similar situation again?
2. All the characters in the book were hurt in one way or another. Their actions are the result of their experience. Which character do you emphasize with? Why?
3. Grace’s relationship to Marly could be called addictive. Why do you think she is drawn to her this way?
4. Here is a quote by an anonymous author: “When reading, we don’t fall in love with characters’ appearance. We fall in love with their words, their thoughts, and their hearts. We fall in love with their souls.” Why do you think we pay so much attention to appearance in real life? Do you think you would be able to fall in love with a person who looks like Grace?
7. If you were to talk with the author, what would you want to know?